HOME | DOWNTOWN | HOUSES AND APARTMENTS | COMMERCIAL BLDGS. | MISCELLANEOUS LOCATIONS | LINKS | NEXT PHOTO
Here's a view looking south from Cain Street (one block east of Peachtree Street) along Ivy Street in 1948. These days Cain Street is known as Andrew Young International Boulevard and Ivy Street, named for one of Atlanta's earliest residents, is Peachtree Center Avenue. Photo via the Georgia State University Library, file # LBGPNS2-116a.
middle of the photo, we see the Salvation Army
building. It was originally built to serve as an
Elks lodge building in 1908. A postcard of it can be
Over on the right, we can see the north side of the very
Theatre building. Google