HOME | DOWNTOWN | HOUSES AND APARTMENTS | COMMERCIAL BLDGS. | MISCELLANEOUS LOCATIONS | LINKS | NEXT PHOTO
Seen on the left is a postcard (postmarked 1913) of the Hillyer Trust Building at 140 Peachtree Street. Hillyer Trust was one of Atlanta's earliest banking institutions. The Central Atlanta Progress website reports that due to severe damage from weather exposure, "the upper six stories of what was conceivably one of the narrowest highrise office buildings in the United States were razed in 1978." Google map
Photo taken March 11, 2008.